Did you know that each package you send out is guaranteed to arrive on time or it’s free? The holidays present a different set of rules to this late delivery guarantee that you should know about. Before you refund your buyer for a late shipment, see if you can get a refund yourself.
See this PDF for full details:
- FedEx, Express (deadline extended) – November 26, 2014 and December 18 – December 24, 2014: add 90 minutes to the original GSR arrival time.
- FedEx, Ground (deadline extended) – packages scheduled for delivery the day after Thanksgiving will have the delivery commitment extended to the next business day for application of the money-back guarantee.
- FedEx, Ground (guarantee suspended) – the money-back guarantee for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services will be suspended temporarily for packages tendered to FedEx from December 11- 24.
- UPS, Express (deadline extended) – Commitment times for UPS air and international shipments delivered within the United States will be extended by 90 minutes on the following days: November 28, December 18-24, and December 31.
- UPS, Ground (guarantee suspended) – the UPS service guarantee is suspended for UPS Ground and UPS Standard packages picked up or scheduled for delivery between Dec. 11 and Dec. 24.
We are your parcel audit pros for parcel recovery. Our refund technology is will make a impact on your transportation recover and cost savings. DIM-weight changes are coming, so be sure to check out our past blog past on why packages over 71 lbs can be bad news.