What is freight post audit?
More and more shippers are turning to freight and LTL to move goods. This is leading to increasing dependence on third-party freight bill auditing services to save time and money.
Freight Audit is the process of examining and verifying freight bills for accuracy, This includes truckload and less than truckload (LTL). With more freight shipments coming in and out of your warehouses, you are becoming more vulnerable to an increase in billing discrepancies.
The Trucking Industry Regulatory Reform Act of 1994 provides for 180 days (6 months) to claim overcharges from freight carriers. By law, that carrier must acknowledge receipt of your claim within 60 days and usually make payment within an additional 60 days for valid claims.
How much can you save by outsourcing your freight auditing services?
Typically we see a savings of 2-7%. This direct recovery of savings on transportation impact your bottom line directly. There is no need to purchase your own freight bill audit software. If this is your first audit
What is the process?
- The first audit starts when you send us your freight invoices from the past 180 days in bulk (PDF or paper invoices)
- Invoices and bills are compared with pricing agreements to identify errors.
- A claim is filed on your behalf.
- When payment is made, your company receives a check.
What does a freight bill post audit look for?
- Wrong rate base applied
- Incorrect FSC being used
- Inaccurate rating according to the Tariff or contract
- Missed guaranteed delivery
- Weight corrections
- Incorrectly re-classed shipments
- Billing errors (typos) on weight and class
- Erroneous accessorial charges
- The wrong Party Billed
- Shipper using the wrong class or NMFC item
The cost of freight shipping is on an endless climb. This rising cost of transportation impacts your daily operations as to spend more on logistics costs each year. Refund Retriever works to find you low-cost freight shipping or reduces the amount you have already paid. Let us help you lower shipping costs so you can focus on serving your customers. Save time and save money with Refund Retriever and freight post audit.