For most types of UPS small parcel services (ground and express), UPS offers a free money-back guarantee. Guaranteed Service Refund (GSR). If UPS makes a delivery later than their commitment time, UPS will refund or credit your account with the shipping charges.
UPS has an on-time delivery guarantee for every service...
We just enforce it.
Late = Free
You Must Submit A Claim
UPS refunds, are ONLY provided upon the shipper’s request, they do not voluntarily give you refund credits.. This is a great money-back guarantee policy for late deliveries, but they don’t make it easy for your business to get these refunds.
Refund Retriever has your solution, we find and process all your FedEx & UPS guaranteed service refunds (GSR). Many business owners do not realize they leaving money on the table since these refunds must be requested. Signing up with Refund Retriever is fast and free. We only charge a commission on the amount of FedEx or UPS late package or billing mistake refunds we recover for your business.
UPS guarantees on-schedule Delivery of Shipments shipped via the following services, where available, to all 50 states and Puerto Rico:
– UPS Air Services
– UPS Hundredweight Service® Air Services
– UPS 3 Day Select® – UPS Hundredweight Service® UPS 3 Day Select®
– UPS® Ground
– UPS® Ground with Freight Pricing
– UPS Hundredweight Service® Ground
UPS guarantees on-schedule Delivery of Shipments shipped via the following services, where available, and provided that customs clearance is performed by UPS Supply Chain Solutions® brokerage offices designated by UPS for clearing these Shipments:
– UPS Worldwide Express Plus®
– UPS Worldwide Express NA1®
– UPS Worldwide Express®
– UPS Worldwide Express Freight® Service
– UPS Worldwide Saver®
– UPS Worldwide Expedited®
– UPS 3 Day Select® from Canada
– UPS® Standard
In the event UPS fails to attempt Delivery by the date and time (if applicable) indicated at https://wwwapps.ups.com/ctc, for the applicable date, time and location of tender, or as provided when 1-800-PICKUPS® (1-800-742-5877) is called, UPS, at its option, will either credit or refund the transportation charges for each such Shipment to the payer only, upon request, provided the conditions set forth in the UPS Service Guarantee are met. Transportation charges do not include other fees or charges that may be assessed by UPS including, but not limited to, fuel surcharges. This is the sole remedy available under the UPS Service Guarantee. UPS may, but is not required, to present the actual time of Delivery in tracking detail or proof of Delivery, and reserves the right to amend any delivery confirmation or the actual time of Delivery within forty-eight (48) hours of the date of Delivery.
UPS shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever for delayed Delivery, except as specifically provided for Shipments made under the UPS Service Guarantee. Under no circumstances shall UPS be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages including, but not limited to, Tariff/Terms and Conditions ups.com 1-800-PICK-UPS® UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service – United States 167 UPS® Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service – United States damages arising from delayed Delivery or failure to attempt on-schedule Delivery. UPS may cancel, suspend or modify the UPS Service Guarantee (or change the guaranteed time in transit) for any service(s), and for any period of time, as determined by UPS in its sole and unlimited discretion, and without prior notice. Visit www.ups.com/holidays for changes effective during the holiday season.
The UPS Service Guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
– UPS’s guaranteed Delivery schedule has been obtained by referencing UPS’s website or contacting a UPS Customer Service office. “On-time” or “on-schedule” means, subject to the terms of this UPS Service Guarantee, Delivery is attempted within the UPS guaranteed Delivery schedule.
– Each Package and Shipment is properly recorded in a UPS Shipping System.
– Each Package and Shipment bears the appropriate UPS tracking label and an address label, or a combined label generated by a UPS Automated Shipping System, showing the Consignee’s correct name, deliverable address (UPS does not provide Delivery to a P.O. Box), and ZIP Code (or postal code for international Shipments).
– Each Package or pallet in a Shipment bears a UPS Saturday Delivery routing label (where required) when optional Saturday service is requested and available.
– Each Shipment is tendered to UPS during UPS’s published business hours. Shipments received from or destined to certain locations may require earlier pickup times (available at the UPS website).
– UPS is notified by UPS’s Interactive Voice Response system or through UPS’s online Billing Center at ups.com/billing of a service failure within fifteen (15) calendar days of the date of scheduled Delivery or the date by which UPS has amended or corrected the actual time of Delivery in tracking detail or proof of Delivery, whichever is later, and is advised of the Consignee’s name and address, date of shipment, Shipment weight, and UPS tracking number.
– For UPS Worldwide Expedited® Shipments, the guarantee shall apply only to Shipments with a U.S. origin or destination and when the billed party is resident in the United States and is responsible for all Charges.
– For UPS Worldwide Express Freight® Service Shipments, the guarantee shall apply to a Shipment where any pallet exceeds maximum size or weight restrictions (as set forth at https://www.ups.com/ media/en/wwef_max_dim.pdf) only if the Shipper obtained confirmation of eligibility for the UPS Service Guarantee, prior to tender of the Shipment to UPS for service. UPS reserves the right to refuse any request for a credit or refund when such request is either (a) made by, or (b) based on information obtained by, a party other than the payer of the Charges.
The UPS Service Guarantee does not apply to:
– UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.® Packages for Residential deliveries.
– Shipments tendered pursuant to Drop Shipments, special operating plans, or customized handling or processing arrangements, or tendered either under an account number on which Service Guarantee claims are addressed by a special agreement or where such claims have been addressed by special agreement with the payer of the Charges.
– Shipments processed using a UPS Automated Shipping System that is not located at the pickup address assigned to the UPS account number on which the Shipment was made.
– UPS Ground Returns Service Packages.
– Packages subject to a Large Package Surcharge or Additional Handling Fee, Packages that exceed maximum size or weight limits, Shipments containing any Package subject to a Large Package Surcharge, Additional Handling Fee, or that exceed maximum size or weight limits, or UPS Worldwide Express Freight® Service Shipments tendered without prior approval containing any pallet exceeding maximum size or weight restrictions (as set forth at https://www. ups.com/media/en/wwef_max_dim.pdf).
– Shipments made using a Call Tag.
– Shipments subject to a UPS Delivery Intercept® request, Delivery Change Request, or a UPS My Choice® request.
– Shipments that are delayed due to causes beyond UPS’s control including, but not limited to: the unavailability or refusal of a person to accept Delivery of the Shipment, acts of God, natural disasters, war risks, acts of terrorism, acts of public authorities acting with actual or apparent authority, acts or omissions of customs or similar authorities, authority of law, insufficient information provided by a customer, Hazardous Materials Packages improperly offered for transport, the application of security regulations imposed by the government, or otherwise applicable to the Shipment, riots, strikes or other labor disputes, civil unrest, disruptions in national or local air or ground transportation networks (including, but not limited to, UPS’s transportation network), disruption or failure of communication and information systems, and adverse weather conditions.
– International Shipments for which the Shipper has selected the Receiver or Third Party as the payer of any applicable duties and taxes and Delivery is delayed until payment arrangements are made.
– UPS Import Control® Shipments for which the Shipper has selected commercial invoice removal.
– UPS Ground Shipments or UPS® Standard Shipments that are picked up or scheduled to be delivered during the applicable dates set forth in the Year-End Holiday Schedule available at www.ups.com/holidays.
– Shipments without Timely Upload of PLD, Shipments not accompanied by a UPS Smart Label tag, or when the delivery address on any address label or combined label affixed to the Package does not match the delivery address on the UPS Smart Label tag, bar code, or PLD for the Package.
– UPS Air Services and UPS 3 Day Select Shipments of Hazardous Materials or Dangerous Goods Shipments, and all international Hazardous Materials or Dangerous Goods Shipments except UPS Standard Shipments.
UPS Air and international Air packages* picked up or delivered within the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season. Commitment times for Air and international Air packages scheduled for delivery Nov. 24 and Dec. 18 – Dec. 23 will be extended as follows: UPS Next Day Air Early and UPS Worldwide Express Plus services will be extended by 90 minutes and all other Air and international Air services will be extended to end-of-day. The guarantee is suspended for all UPS Ground shipments, including shipments to and from Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and UPS Standard shipments picked up or scheduled for delivery between Nov. 27 – Dec. 24. Visit ups.com for the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions. Service guarantees are subject to change.