Absolutely, you can — but most companies never claim these guaranteed refunds because:
- They don’t know the shipment is late unless the recipient calls to complain.
- They don’t want the administrative hassle of claiming the refund.
- There isn’t enough time in the day to track hundreds of shipments when the majority will be on time.
Furthermore, if you want to claim the refunds yourself, you must:
- Review the carriers’ service guarantees,
- Monitor all packages: obtain an Estimated Delivery Date/Time and Actual Delivery Date/Time for each,
- Identify all service failures by comparing these dates,
- For identified late shipments, check for exceptions that void the guarantee,
- … and do all of these for all packages within the imposed time limits (the carrier gives a 15 day dispute window) … and, lastly,
- Ensure the refund was applied to your account.
… and you must do this for every package, every time.