With the proper information, you are fully able to renegotiate your shipping contracts with FedEx or UPS. Some people cannot swallow the thought of paying an ongoing consulting fee for what seems like a one-time service. Step 1 – Collect the Carrier Agreements and Step 2 – Collect Shipping Data, are barriers to even starting. Regardless of the source of your shipping data, here is some information and tips to guide you through the long process.
If the thought of renegotiating your company’s FedEx or UPS service agreements is too much, you can contact us at Refund Retriever to help with the process. Take a look at our carrier agreement contract negotiation services.
Let’s get started – renegotiate your shipping contracts
Lack of negotiation skills is not an issue, with the right information you know what will benefit your company. FedEx and UPS both provide all the information you need!
- EVERYTHING is negotiable
- Never accept waivers for GSR service failures
- Never accept early termination penalization
- Shop around – submit a RFP to multiple carriers
- Accessorial reductions expire – review them before the expiration term
- Renegotiate every 12 months