This is a guest post from our friends at Refund Retriever, an auditing system that identifies issues and over-charges that occurred with shipments, applies for refunds, and verifies those refunds are credited back to the customer. Refund Retriever is integrated with ShipWorks and customers can sign-up for free.
Did you know that each package you send out is guaranteed to arrive on time or it’s free?
The holidays present a different set of rules to this guarantee that you should know about. Before you refund your buyer for a late shipment, see if you can get a refund yourself.
Here are the rules you need to know:
- FedEx Express – November 26, 2014 and December 18 – December 24, 2014: add 90 minutes to the original Guaranteed Service Refund (GSR) arrival time.
- FedEx Ground packages scheduled for delivery the day after Thanksgiving will have the delivery commitment extended to the next business day for application of the money-back guarantee.
- The money-back guarantee for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery services will be suspended temporarily for packages tendered to FedEx from December 11- 24.
- Commitment times for UPS Air and International shipments delivered within the United States will be extended by 90 minutes on the following days: November 28, December 18-24, and December 31.
- The UPS service guarantee is suspended for UPS Ground and UPS Standard packages picked up or scheduled for delivery between Dec. 11 and Dec. 24.