FedEx One Rate is a flat rate shipping pricing option that more large volume shippers are exploring. The service was introduced in 2013 and available for qualifying FedEx Express U.S. shipments in FedEx Express packaging. FedEx One Rate pricing is an alternative to FedEx Standard List Rates, account specific rates or FedEx Retail Rates.
What FedEx services are available with one rate pricing?
- First Overnight
- Priority Overnight
- Standard Overnight
- 2Day A.M.
- Express Saver
Simplified pricing – Three zones pricing tier
- Local: Zone 2 -Shipments traveling up to 150 miles in the U.S.
- Regional: Zone 3 to 4 – Shipments traveling 151 – 600 miles in the U.S.
- National: Zone 5 to 8
- Shipments moving 601 miles or more in the U.S.
- Shipments from the U.S./Hawaii to Alaska.
- Shipments from the U.S./Alaska to Hawaii.
- Shipments from Alaska and Hawaii to the contiguous U.S.
- FedEx Express intra-Alaska shipments
What are the benefits of FedEx one rate?
- Most important, FedEx Money-back guarantee still applies to these packages
- Express Saver and 2nd Day: Commercial delivery by 4:30 PM
- Express Saver and 2nd Day: Residential delivery by 8:00 PM
- 2nd Day AM: Delivery by 10:30 AM
- Priority Overnight: Delivery by 10:30 AM
- First Overnight: Delivery by 8 or 8:30 AM
- FedEx One Rate flat rate shipping price already includes
- residential surcharges
- delivery area surcharges
- fuel surcharge.No need to weigh qualifying shipments
- 12 sizes of Free FedEx provided packaging (do not require additional tape)
- Simplified pricing – Three zones pricing tiers
- No additional charge for the declared value of up to $100
- Available for single package shipments to and from all 50 states
- FedEx rates can be negotiated for business clients through a contract negotiation
- Shipping software friendly integrations
What packages qualify for this program?
- They must be in FedEx packaging
- FedEx envelopes must weigh 10 lbs. or less
- FedEx paks, boxes and tubes must weigh 50 lbs. or less
What other fees could I be charged for with one rate?
- In addition to transportation charges, FedEx One Rate flat rate shipping is subject to other charges including:
- on-call pickup
- Saturday delivery
- delivery Signature Options
- additional declared value
- address corrections
- account corrections, etc
Current issues with FedEx One Rate:
- Package contents must fit in a predetermined box or package size
- Quantity package supply restrictions
- FedEx One Rate is not available for return labels.
- The adjusted rate will be reflected on the FedEx invoice. (Our reporting will help identify these)
- Pricing is not available for intra-Hawaii shipments
- Whenever the actual weight of the package is greater than the maximum weight allowed for the One Rate package type, or if branded packaging is not used:
- FedEx will re-rate the package and charge the shipment based on standard list or retail rates.
Competitors to FedEx One rate
- USPS Flat Rate Shipping
- A larger supply of boxes readily available
- No additional surcharges
- More addresses – PO boxes, APO, FPO, etc
How do I choose the right package?
- Contents must fit into selected packaging; do not force contents to fit.
- FedEx Express packaging must close using built-in adhesive strip.
- Use of additional tape to ensure package closure may indicate volume limit is exceeded.