For most, holidays are the most active time of the year for small parcel shippers. Even with a large staff, it is easy for a company to disregard shipping costs to keep customers satisfied. Therefore, FedEx holiday shipping deadlines should be available to all customer service and shipping staff. Let’s examine the FedEx holiday schedule.
Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
FedEx has released some significant 2022 year-end shipping information you need to understand. Therefore, check out the FedEx holiday schedule and shipping deadlines.
FedEx Holiday Schedule 2022
FedEx Holiday Shipping Deadlines to Know
- December 14, 2022: Normal FedEx service.
- The last day to send FedEx Ground and Home Delivery for delivery on December 24.
- December 20, 2022: Normal FedEx service.
- The last day to send FedEx express saver packages for delivery on December 24.
- December 21, 2022: Normal FedEx service.
- The last day to send FedEx 2nd Day packages for delivery on December 24.
- December 22, 2022: Normal FedEx service.
- The last day to ship overnight packages for delivery for December 24.
- December 23, 2022: Limited FedEx Express service.
- Last day to ship via FedEx Overnight services with Saturday delivery option.
- FedEx Ground and Home Delivery Open
- December 24, 2022: Christmas Eve: Limited FedEx Express and Home Delivery service.
- FedEx Ground Closed
- December 25, 2022: Christmas: FedEx holiday.
- No pick-up or delivery.
- December 26, 2022: Normal FedEx Ground and Home Delivery service.
- FedEx Express is closed, however.
- January 01, 2023: New Year’s: No FedEx pick-up or delivery service.
- January 02, 2023: Normal FedEx Ground and Home Delivery service.
- However, FedEx Express does not run.
Thanksgiving FedEx Money-Back Guarantee Exception
FedEx will not refund your transportation charges if the shipment was scheduled for delivery on Wednesday directly before Thanksgiving via FedEx Express U.S. or freight and delivered within 90 minutes of the original delivery commitment time.
Packages tendered to FedEx Ground for delivery on the day after Thanksgiving will be scheduled for delivery Friday if the recipient business is open. Otherwise, the delivery commitment extends to the next business day to apply the money-back guarantee.
Christmas FedEx Money-Back Guarantee Exception
FedEx will not refund your transportation charges if the shipment was scheduled for delivery during the seven calendar days before Christmas Day and it was delivered by the end of the day on the original delivery commitment date. Similarly, FedEx will not be bound to refund transportation charges on Ground packages tendered for transportation on the Monday after Thanksgiving through Christmas Eve.
Does FedEx Deliver on Easter Sunday?
Yes. FedEx Home Delivery will be delivering packages on Easter Sunday in some areas. FedEx also delivers on Good Friday.
Does FedEx Deliver on Presidents Day?
Yes. Presidents Day is a holiday on the third Monday of February. FedEx ground, home delivery, and express will deliver on Presidents Day.
Does FedEx Deliver on MLK Day?
Yes. FedEx ground, home delivery, and express will deliver shipments on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Martin Luther King Jr. Day is a federal holiday marking the birthday of Martin Luther King Jr with observation on the third Monday of January each year.
FedEx Holiday Surcharges
Peak surcharges may apply to shipments during designated peak shipping periods. To learn more about these surcharges and when they apply, view the FedEx Peak Surcharges.
FedEx Holiday shipping deadlines are essential for all businesses. Keep this blog and have your customer service department read it. Therefore, contact us to learn more about how Refund Retriever can lower FedEx shipping costs. Refund Retriever scans your shipping invoices for late deliveries and billing mistakes, and our reporting can reveal shipping intelligence in your FedEx and UPS data. In summary, our late delivery refund technology will automatically locate inconsistencies and overcharges.