All FedEx ground and express packages are guaranteed to arrive on time, or it’s free. Once you identify that a package was delivered late, requesting a FedEx Late Delivery Refund on the FedEx Money Back Guarantee is the next step to getting your money back. The request must be within 15 days of the original invoice on which it appeared.
What happens if FedEx does not deliver on time?
As a rule, you need the FedEx tracking and invoice number to file a claim for a FedEx late delivery refund. To begin with, you can submit a FedEx late delivery refund request in two ways:
- Call 1-800-Go-FedEx (1-800-463-3339) and say “Refund.”
- Follow the prompts of the automated system and repeat the tracking number
- The automation will either confirm or deny the refund instantly
- Many times, the automation will give a reason if the refund is not available (i.e., weather delay)
- Or log into the FedEx Billing Center and find the tracking number on your invoice.
- This will produce an instant confirmation or denial online
- If your account number is not registered with FedExonline billing, it will not allow a refund submission
The FedEx Billing Center is accessible only to those customers with payment accounts. If you receive your FedEx invoices in the US mail, you cannot access the FedEx billing center. Therefore, you must convert your account to online billing or call the 800 number above.
Common Issues with FedEx Late Delivery Refunds
Reaching the FedEx refund page is the easy part. There are numerous reasons why your shipment might not qualify for a money-back guarantee refund. Some common causes include the following:
- The type of service has no guarantee (like FedEx Ground Economy)
- The shipping agreement you signed prevented you from claiming credits.
- The shipment was rerouted from the delivery address to a Hold at Location address.
- The shipment contains dangerous goods or dry ice.
- Delays outside of the control of FedEx (weather, customs, etc.)
- Shipments made around the holidays (Thanksgiving or Christmas exclusions)
I submitted a refund request. What’s next?
FedEx will only credit or refund the transportation charges for each shipment to the payer if FedEx approves your refund request. The credit will appear in the Disputes and Adjustment History. Transportation charges do not include other fees or expenses that FedEx may assess. This includes fuel surcharges and additional accessorial fees.
What does an accepted FedEx Money Back guarantee look like?
An accepted FedEx money-back guarantee dispute will read as follows:
We are very sorry that we did not meet our service commitment to you. Your request for a billing adjustment has been approved. Tracking ID:555555555555 Invoice number: 55555555 We will credit the charges for the associated with your shipment on your invoice. If you already made a payment for this shipment, we will mail a refund check to the payor address for the portion that is already paid.
What does a FedEx Service Failure credit look like?
FedEx late delivery refunds for your business are not difficult.
The challenging part is filtering out all the on-time deliveries or late exceptions. If your company is shipping more than 20 packages every day, keeping up with FedEx Late Delivery Refunds will quickly overtake more important tasks. Additionally, it could cause a damper on overall efficiency. Let Refund Retriever audit shipments for your company.
Let Refund Retriever monitor all your shipments today. Contact us and get the first month of refunds for free. You keep 100% of the refund credit for one month. Lower your business expenses instantly and painlessly with Refund Retriever’s full-service small parcel auditing. Do not let the cost of transportation impact your company.