Whenever your business ship with UPS, ground and express packages have a guaranteed delivery date and time. Particularly, if your late UPS package arrives even one minute after the guarantee, you are entitled to a full refund. UPS calls this a guaranteed service refunds or GSR for short.
According to the UPS service guide, the shipper must contact UPS to request a GSR. To emphasize, UPS will NOT notify you of the late package and they won’t voluntarily give you any money back. So what happens when you have a late UPS package but UPS will not give you a GSR credit?
Late GSR refund denied?
Keep in mind, there are exceptions to these late UPS packageguarantees, of course. Aside from the obvious refund denials where the package delay is outside of UPS’ control, here are some other reasons that you will not see a GSR:
- 2nd Day Air A.M. packages for residential deliveries
- Shipments processed using a UPS Automated Shipping System not located at the pickup address assigned to the UPS account number on which the shipment was made
- Ground returns service packages
- Packages with a large package surcharge
- Packages with an additional handling fee
- Exceeding maximum size or weight limits
- Late UPS packages with a UPS call tag
- UPS packages with delivery intercept request, delivery change request, or a UPS My Choice request
- Ground shipments picked up or scheduled to be delivered during the applicable dates set forth in the Year-End Holiday Schedule
- Ground shipments picked up or scheduled for delivery Dec. 2 – Dec. 24, 2019
- Air services and 3 day select shipments of hazardous materials or dangerous goods
- International shipments of hazardous materials or dangerous goods (except UPS Standard Shipments)
- Commitment times for UPS air shipments, from December 16 – December 24, 2019, extends as follows:
- Next day air early AM: guarantee extends 90 minutes
- All other UPS air and international air services: extends to end of the day
Read more about late UPS packages in the UPS Service Guide
You can find more information about these exceptions in the UPS Service Guide. If you are looking for a pro to automatically find late UPS packages, look no further because Refund Retriever is here to help. We are a provider of cost reduction, cost recovery and shipping automation technologies to recover carrier billing errors and service failures with parcel auditing services. In particular, we ensure every UPS and FedEx invoice is correct.
Many eCommerce and shipping providers trust our UPS late package auditing. This list includes BigCommerce, ShipWorks, Payability, SkuVault, and many more. In summary, Refund Retriever is the trusted source of late UPS package services.