UPS Ground with Freight Pricing (GFP) is available to customers shipping within the contiguous 48 states. Customers can rate and ship UPS Ground service using Less-Than-Truckload (LTL) shipment characteristics with UPS GFP.
The minimum charge that applies to any shipment will be the greatest of
- UPS Ground with Freight Pricing Base Rates,
- Per Package Minimum multiplied by the number of individual pieces or
- Absolute Minimum Charge. Effective November 14, 2022, the Absolute Minimum Charge is $99.50 per shipment.
What is Ground with Freight Pricing?
UPS Ground with Freight Pricing is designed for multi-weight shipments or shipments that might be more cost-effective under a consolidated freight pricing model rather than standard per-package rates. Essentially, it’s a way to get volume-based pricing for your less-than-truckload (LTL) shipments.
If you’re considering using UPS for shipping large or heavy items, looking into this pricing model is a good idea. The benefits might include:
- Cost savings: Depending on the volume and characteristics of your shipments, freight pricing might offer better rates than regular per-package pricing.
- Convenience: You can process these freight-priced shipments using many of the same tools and processes you use for standard UPS Ground shipments.
- Visibility: Just like with standard UPS Ground services, you can track your shipments and have visibility into their status and location.
However, there may be specific weight, size, and packaging requirements to qualify for this pricing. To get the most accurate and up-to-date information, you should visit the official UPS website or contact UPS customer service directly. They can provide current details on UPS Ground with Freight Pricing, including any recent changes, requirements, or benefits.
How Can I Use GFP?
If you are a business customer for UPS, contact your UPS sales representative for activation. After signing an agreement, they can add your negotiated Ground with Freight Pricing to the account. If you still need to get with UPS, you must start the new client process and specify the addition of Ground with Freight as part of your services. Once you are a UPS customer, the UPS shipping software will work in your favor to get the best and most accurate quotes.
UPS GFP Update
Effective August 23, 2023, the UPS Ground with Freight Pricing (GFP) service will no longer be an available service offering and will become a contract-only service. As of August 23, a GFP contract is required to continue utilizing the UPS GFP service.
UPS Ground with Freight Pricing Exceptions
- Hazardous Materials Shipments are not accepted for transportation.
- UPS Returns are not accepted for transportation.
UPS GFP Accessorial Fees for 2023
- $19.50 per package up to a maximum of $136.50 per shipment
- Delivery Area Surcharge does not apply to UPS GFP
- Residential Surcharge $51.50 per shipment
Why use GFP pricing?
GFP offers guaranteed time in transit at no additional cost and savings vs. LTL:
- Lower fuel surcharges. Without a wooden pallet, additional savings from:
- Reduction in shipment weight.
- Elimination of pallet expense.
- Zero lift-gate charges.
- Zero inside delivery charges.
- Saturday Pickup is only available for UPS Ground with Freight Pricing services in select areas.
- Large Packages are NOT subject to a minimum billable weight of 90 pounds.
Which UPS Ground with Freight Pricing Packages Are Allowed?
The UPS Ground network allows:
- Shipments can be up to 150 lbs.
- Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined.
- Packages can be up to 108 inches in length.
UPS Ground with Freight Pricing is a great option for some shippers. If you need help with UPS Ground with Freight Pricing or a new UPS agreement overall, contact Refund Retriever today. Our shipping analytics will provide insight to reveal shipping intelligence your company needs. The cost of transportation impacts your business every day; let Refund Retriever help.