Refund Retriever is always innovating to improve our UPS & FedEx late package refunds, shipment billing invoice mistake refunds and customer experience. We are happy to announce that we now accept Bitcoin as payment for your Refund Retriever invoice.
What is Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a distributed, digital currency. It is not controlled by any central authority and relies upon advanced cryptography for validity. For more information, visit https://bitcoin.org/en/
How can I get Bitcoin?
You can obtain Bitcoin through Bitcoin mining (using expensive specialized computers to verify transactions and be rewarded with Bitcoin), or you can purchase Bitcoins through an online exchange like Coinbase.com or Circle.com. You can receive Bitcoins via a Bitcoin wallet such as Blockchain.info or a wallet you download. Your business may also accept Bitcoins as payments through a provider like Bitpay.com or Coinbase.com.
How do I send Bitcoin?
You send Bitcoin through your Bitcoin wallet (either hosted or on your computer) via a long address like 1H6KinninKwYTk2wZEQvA3ytAUS3LhSMTN. QR code reader with a mobile device can more easily point to that address. You can denominate the amount you send either in Bitcoin (commonly referred to as BTC) or in regular currency (like USD). These amounts are driven by the market price of Bitcoin at the time. (for instance, as of writing, the price is $293/1 Bitcoin).
How to pay your Refund Retriever invoice with Bitcoin
We’ll assume that you have a hosted wallet with a provider like Circle.com, and that you are familiar with sending Bitcoin to an address. These steps should be similar with any Bitcoin wallet you use.
1. Login to your Refund Retriever account, and click the “Pay Now with Bitcoin” button (either on your dashboard or navigate to an individual invoice).
2. This will pop up a payment dialog. Click the Bitcoin tab.
3. Now you have a generated Bitcoin address that you can send funds to. Note that if you do not pay the invoice within a few minutes, you’ll need to generate a new address.
4. Clicking Open Wallet will use the Bitcoin wallet if you’ve configured one to connect to your browser(an advanced use). You can scan the QR code with your mobile Bitcoin wallet, and it will generate the transaction to the proper Bitcoin address. If you’re using a desktop browser, you’ll want to copy the address to your clipboard to paste into your Bitcoin wallet. For best results, please leave the payment dialog open (you can open an additional tab to access your Bitcoin wallet if necessary)
5. Open or login to your Bitcoin wallet (in this case, Circle). Click Send Money (or the equivalent)
6. Paste in the address, as well as the amount of the invoice. If you wish, you may add an additional message though this isn’t necessary.
7. Enter in any additional information (such as the verification code) until your Bitcoin wallet tells you the transaction is complete. After the payment is complete, you can close your Bitcoin wallet at any time.
8. Shortly after the payment processes, your Refund Retriever dashboard will update notifying you that the payment is complete. Like most payments, it may take 1-2 business days to reflect on your account.