In our recent blog we mentioned that as a parcel shipper you must understand what extra fees may be applied to your shipping overhead. Last month, UPS announced their upcoming Value-Added Services and Other Charges that for the most part will be effective as of December 24, 2017. Below are some highlights showing the changes to some of the more common UPS surcharges.
The following information has been provided by UPS.com. Except as otherwise noted below, the following items will change effective December 24, 2017. For further detail, see the applicable 2018 UPS Rate and Service Guide, this will available December 22, 2017.
- Additional Handling charge will increase $1.15.
- Address Correction charge will increase $2.50. The per shipment maximum will increase $20.30.
- Missing/Invalid Account Number will increase $2.50 to $14.50.
- Delivery Area Surcharge to commercial addresses will increase $0.30 for Ground($2.60) and Air Services($2.75).
- Delivery Area Surcharge to commercial extended addresses for Ground Services will increase $0.20 to $2.60
- Delivery Area Surcharge to commercial extended addresses for Air Services will increase $0.20 to $2.75.
- Delivery Area Surcharge to residential addresses will increase $0.25 for Ground($3.50) and Air Services($4.05).
- Delivery Area Surcharge to residential extended addresses will increase $0.25 to $4.4.
- C.O.D. will increase $0.60.
- Delivery Confirmation Signature Required will increase $0.25 to $4.75
- Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required will increase $0.25 to $5.75
- UPS Delivery Intercept request will increase $2.50 to $15.90 electronically and $21.90 by telephone.
- Hazardous Materials charges for U.S. Ground Services will increase $1.00 to $33.00
- Hazardous Materials charges for UPS Air Services will increase $3.00 for accessible goods to $93.00 and $1.50 for inaccessible goods to $46.50.
- Large Package Surcharge will increase $10.00 to $80.00.
- On-Call Pickup request will increase $0.20 to $3.45.
- Residential Surcharge for U.S. UPS Ground Service and UPS Standard will increase $0.20 to $3.65.
- Residential Surcharge for U.S. UPS Air Services and UPS International Air Services will increase $0.15 to $4.15.
Make sure to stay on top of accessorial surcharges. Refund Retriever’s expertise can help cut shipping costs instantly with direct recovery of any billing mistakes. UPS mistakes are common and all businesses should be looking for new ways to reduce shipping costs, parcel audit is the easiest technology to setup. Hire Refund Retriever to be your parcel audit partner.