With the demand for fast shipping rising, shippers and e-commerce businesses need to look at more options for speedy delivery. UPS offers three different next day or UPS overnight services. As a result, companies can ensure delivery to compete with services like Amazon Prime.
UPS Next Day Air Early
- Next business day delivery is available as early as 8:00 A.M. to most major cities in the U.S. or by 9:30 A.M. to most other cities.
- UPS delivers to more ZIP codes by 8:00 A.M. than any other carrier
- Next Day Air Early serves more businesses than FedEx First Overnight
UPS Next Day Air
- Air is ideal for shipments that must arrive the next business day.
- UPS Next Day Air delivers to more ZIP codes and more businesses by 10:30 A.M. and 12:00 P.M. than FedEx Priority Overnight
UPS Next Day Air Saver
- This is the most affordable UPS overnight service
- Delivery by 3:00 P.M. or 4:30 P.M. to most commercial destinations, by the end of the day for residential locations
What are the guaranteed delivery times for each service?
- Early UPS Next Day Air
Guaranteed on-time UPS overnight delivery on business days by 8:00 A.M. to major cities on the continental United States. In addition, by 8:30 A.M. to 9:30 A.M. to other cities in the U.S. including Anchorage. Additional extended delivery locations are guaranteed up to 2:00 P.M.
- UPS Next Day Air
Guaranteed on-time delivery to all 50 states and Puerto Rico by 10:30 A.M., 12:00 P.M. or end of next business day depending on destination. Furthermore, some limitations to Alaska and Hawaii do apply.
- UPS Next Day Air Saver
Guaranteed delivery to commercial destinations within the 48 contiguous states and select locations in Alaska and Hawaii by 3:00 P.M. or 4:30 P.M. the next business day. In addition, this applies where UPS Next Day Air delivery is committed by 10:30 A.M. or 12:00 P.M.
- Shipments to residential locations within the UPS Next Day Air Saver area are delivered by the end of the day.
- Lastly, Saver is not available to destinations where UPS Next Day Air service is committed by the end of the day.
What is the cost of the UPS Next Day Services?
|Service||Letter Cost (zone 2)||5 lb (zone 2)||Letter Cost (zone 8)||25 lb (zone 8)|
|UPS Next Day Early||$54.64||$66.81||$75.71||$260.96|
|UPS Next Day||$24.64||$36.81||$45.71||$230.96|
|UPS Next Day Saver||$24.10||$34.43||$43.33||$224.51|
How can you lower your next day air costs?
With UPS, anything is negotiable, request to lower the rates on the service agreement. Accordingly, a true data and reporting system like Refund Retriever’s client interface will provide insight into the amount of next day air packages as well as the impact the cost is having on your logistics expenses.
How many times in the past 6 months have you used a next day air service? Are any third parties using this? Data is key here. Dimensional weight plays a factor here. In particular, package dimensions are important if your overnight packages are lightweight yet bulky. As a result, it is possible to have a different DIM divisor for express and ground. Refund Retriever has a report that will identify these issues for you!
Does the on time or it’s free guarantee apply??
Of course, UPS Next Day Air is guaranteed, time-definite service or your money back! In conclusion, contact Refund Retriever to have refunds identified and credited AUTOMATICALLY on your UPS overnight packages.