Last year we published a blog on where exactly to find specific zone charts for your location. Zones are very critical to know for all FedEx shippers in an everyday application as well as each time you negotiate a new agreement with the carrier. Here is a list of all the FedEx zones with general distances that you should correlate with the destination zip codes.
FedEx Ground, Home Delivery and Express:
- Zone 2: Shipments moving generally under 150 miles from origin to destination anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- Zone 3: Shipments moving generally 151–300 miles anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- Zone 4: Shipments moving generally 301–600 miles anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- Zone 5: Shipments moving generally 601–1,000 miles anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- Zone 6: Shipments moving generally 1,001–1,400 miles anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- Zone 7: Shipments moving generally 1,401–1,800 miles anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- Zone 8: Shipments moving generally 1,801 miles or greater anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
- Zones 9 and 10: Shipments moving from contiguous U.S. to AK and HI metro areas.
- Zones 11 and 12: Shipments moving from contiguous U.S. to AK and HI rural areas.
- Zones 13–16: Shipment moving from AK and HI to contiguous U.S.
FedEx SameDay City Priority
- 0A: 0–5 miles
- 0B: 6–10 miles
- 0C: 11–15 miles
- 0D: 16– 25 miles
- 0E: 26– 35 miles
- 0F: 36– 45 miles
- 0G: 46+ miles
If you have any questions about your shipping characteristics or are just looking for a new way to lower your business expenses, call Refund Retriever at 800-441-8085 or you can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. Ship smarter.